Setting up e-mail and SMS alerts
We can send alerts to you via e-mail or SMS messages on your phone. An alert definition contains the settings for which users should receive the alert, and whether the alerts should be sent out by e-mail and/or mobile text message. The e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers for the recipients are set up in the individual user accounts. Administrators can set this up for all users.
Changing and testing a user's e-mail address and phone number
- To edit an individual user's settings, go to , and click on the appropriate user name.
Tip: To quickly edit your own user settings, click on your user name at the top right of the screen.
- You can fill in the user's e-mail address in the E-mail field. Note: even though you can change a user's e-mail address, that user's login name will stay fixed to the initial e-mail address.
- Optionally, you can enter a secondary e-mail address if the user wants to receive alerts in a backup e-mail account.
Tip: if you want to send a copy of e-mail alerts to several addresses, you can enter extra e-mail addresses in the alert definition itself, without having to create extra users for it.
- SMS/text message alerts will be sent to the user's mobile phone number. The phone number should be entered in international format: start with a plus sign followed by your country code and your phone number without spaces or dashes.
For example, if you are in the US and your phone number is 0491 570 156, please enter +10491570156.
- To test that a user can actually receive e-mails and text messages from our system, you can generate test messages for that user. In the user settings screen, you will find buttons for sending e-mails and SMS/text messages at the top right. Test messages will be sent immediately when you click the corresponding button.